No matter what your profession, your hobbies or your interests, there’s no excuse for not being appropriately dressed and having the right accessories when you need to. You don’t have to wear the latest fashions, or have the latest gadgets, but you do need to look as though you belong. Here’s what you do need to ensure you’re covered, whatever the occasion.
1. You’ll want a nice suit. A nice suit doesn’t have to be expensive, but it needs to fit well and look good. If you want it to last you’ll want to ensure that it’s a classic style and probably in dark blue or black.
2. Good sunglasses are important, and they need to fit well and do the job in hand. You’ll want them to look good in the summer, and perform well when you’re driving in low sun during the winter. If you intend to wear your sunglasses all year round, then you might want to pay a bit more for them, and get some that will last, and will still look good several years from now.
3. You’ll want to ensure that you have the right sunglasses for the occasion. Sports sunglasses are very different from normal sunglasses, and as well as improved fit and coloured lenses for increased visibility, you’ll find that they are able to withstand the tougher sports environment. If you’re a runner or a cyclist or go fishing or sailing, you’re sunglasses aren’t just for posing in.
4. If you wear glasses all the time, then you’ll probably want to invest in some nice frames that are lightweight, comfortable and suit your face.
5. A nice watch can really make an outfit, and whether you go for something elegant and understated, or to show that you’ve made it, you’ll want to make sure that it fits well, has all the functions you need and is easy to read.
6. If you’re likely to be in a variety of different situations, or are sporty, then you’ll want to make sure that you have the right watch for the occasion. Your forma watch won’t do what you need it to do if you’re running or fishing, and you won’t want to wear your sports watch for a wedding or interview.
7. Remember that having the right shoes for the occasion is essential. First impressions count, and shoes are seen to be as important as the clothes you are wearing and what you actually say. You wouldn’t wear your formal shoes for running in, so why wear your casual shoes for formal occasions? Invest in a pair of quality shoes, and they’ll last.
8. You’ll want to make sure that your belt is suitable for the occasion too. Instead of making do with a couple of belts, why not make sure that you have the right colours and styles to go with your clothes? No matter whether you’re wearing jeans at the weekend, or are meeting clients for lunch, you’ll want to look the part.
9. A nice wallet is another touch that can help to set you apart when you need to look smart.
10. Having the right sort of pen is essential, and whilst you might be able to get away with a biro for writing most of your daily notes, or your shopping lists at home, you’ll want something much more appropriate if you’re meeting with clients, or signing contracts.
Now you know more about the sort of additions that can help you stand out for all the right reasons, perhaps now is the time to make sure that you have all the accessories you need to make the right impression.